To add a WordPress Plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
- Go to "Plugins -> Add New".
- Click "Upload Plugin" button.
- Choose downloaded ZIP file and click "Install Now" button.
- Make sure that you click on "Activate the plugin". Now you have installed directory plugin.
- (required) Take purchase code from your codecanon downloads page, then go to Directory Admin -> Directory Settings page and enter purchase code into appropriate settings field.
- (required) Create new page with [webdirectory] shortcode or with [webdirectory custom_home=1] if you wish to build custom home page. Also you might want to create additional pages for frontend submission and dashboard with [webdirectory-submit] and [webdirectory-dashboard] shortcodes if you wish your logged in users to manage their listings, invoices and profile on the frontend dashboard page.
- (optional) Create new page with [webdirectory-listing-page] shortcode to build separate page for single listings. Especially when you are building custom home page, so there will not be any other directory elements like on the home page.
Mandatory page with [webdirectory] or with [webdirectory custom_home=1] shortcode must not have child pages, it must be public, not private, not in trash, must be unique - only one page with this shortcode allowed.
WordPress Multisite installation
Upload the plugin on Network Admin plugins page, but don't activate it. It is not allowed to enable "Network Activate" for the plugin on Network plugins page, instead activate it on the plugins page of each sub-site. Also note, that each activation on each sub-site requires separate license.
Table of Contents
- Listings management
- Directory settings
- Content fields
- Search form
- Sorting of listings
- Maps & Markers Icons
- Google API keys
- Frontend submission & dashboard
- Directory widgets
- Custom home page
- Customization styles & templates
- How to modify texts
- CSV Import