Web 2.0 Directory plugin is ready for use in any languages. The languages/ folder contains W2DC-en_US.po file, which is used for translations. The process of translation is quite similar to modifying texts with PoEdit application. The only difference is that before translation you need to duplicate W2DC-en_US.po file and give a name to new file according to following rules:
- On WordPress Settings -> General page select needed site language.
- Make a copy of the W2DC-en_US.po file and rename it to W2DC-WP_LOCALE.po according to your WP Locale
- Example for the Portuguese Brazil language: W2DC-pt_BR.po
-- pt_BR - is the WP Locale, it means Portuguese (Brazil) language
-- you'll have to fill in with your own language, the list of WordPress locales here
- Download and install Poedit.
- Open with Poedit W2DC-pt_BR.po file.
- Now you can find and modify any needed words and texts.
- Every time you save translated W2DC-WP_LOCALE.po file, PoEdit automatically generates W2DC-WP_LOCALE.mo file, which is the one WordPress uses and basically the only one you need to upload to your site.
- Upload generated W2DC-WP_LOCALE.mo file and saved W2DC-WP_LOCALE.po file to your site into wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. You can use FTP client or FTP manager of your hosting.
Table of Contents
- Listings management
- Directory settings
- Content fields
- Search form
- Sorting of listings
- Maps & Markers Icons
- Google API keys
- Frontend submission & dashboard
- Directory widgets
- Custom home page
- Customization styles & templates
- How to modify texts
- CSV Import